12 Aralık 2016 Pazartesi

My stays pattern

After posting about my new 1780's stays almost a year ago, I've had a steady flow of inquiries for the pattern. The amount of interest has been so vast that I'm very sorry for not being able to send a copy to everyone interested personally. But I hope my decision to share it here instead will make up for that. 

There is nothing revolutionary about the pattern, so I hope you are not disappointed. Most of the late 18th century pattern diagrams I've seen look more or less identical anyway. It's always the same four pieces with slightly different shaping and proportions. These seem to work for me.

The over 200 pieces of boning eats up a lot of the width, so if you want the stays to be about the same size and are using less boning, you need to make the pieces a little narrower. More construction tips and boning layout can be found from the original post.

Thank you very much for all the wonderful compliments about my stays and for your interest in the project! I'm sorry it took me so long to do this, but never in a million years expected anyone to be interested in the pattern and taking the time to go through my unorganized storage and finding the pieces was a daunting task.



Thank you very much also for the recent blog awards! I'm very grateful for each one. I hope you understand if I don't pass them on. It's not that I don't want to spread the joy and make others happy. It's just that it breaks my heart to have to choose the nominees from all the wonderful blogs that all deserve to be rewarded.


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder